Relaxation of Covid Restrictions

brucevr6

We have a cruise booked for March 28,2024 on MSC Seaview from Rio de Janeiro to Genoa. At the time of booking we saw on the website that for transatlantic cruises, Covid vaccination was required for anyone 12 and over. 

now however, the website has changed, even when you select the MSC Grand Voyages section, and it now says that everyone is welcome aboard MSC ships without regard to vaccination status and without requiring testing. 

That’s important for us because my daughter turns 12 on March 1, and is not …nor will she be…vaccinated. We both are vaccinated. Final payment isn’t until early December, so we will just have to watch I guess. 

Thought I’d mention it in case anyone else is in the same situation. 

• Like 1

I noticed the change of language also on the MSC world voyages and booked the Seaview November 16, 2023 for 19 nights from Barcelona to Rio.  I have been waiting a long time for MSC to drop the vaccination and testing requirements so I can book this cruise, since I’m not vaccinated.  Finally, cruising is back to normal!  🥳

• Like 2

Glad to hear that someone else read what I did!! Hopefully it won’t change again before next spring 😃. I’ll be interested to read how you enjoyed the trip over to Rio, since we are booked on the same trip in the opposite direction! 

On 5/31/2023 at 7:32 PM, brucevr6 said:

Glad to hear that someone else read what I did!! Hopefully it won’t change again before next spring 😃. I’ll be interested to read how you enjoyed the trip over to Rio, since we are booked on the same trip in the opposite direction! 

I will be doing a video review of the cruise and all the ports on my youtube channel:  Cruise Addict.  www.youtube.com/cruiseaddict

Edited by croaziera
ahh