Getting confused about where ships dock

Natalia

Can someone help me out? I am under the impression that we will be docking at the A. Wathey Pier (think I read that somewhere) which is no where near the center of Philipsburg. According to the St Maarten map I have, its about 1.5 miles south-east of town. I have read of water taxi's that will transport you into town. Ok. But then I read that there are car rental offices right at the pier, including Arthurs.... but here is what Arthurs website says this about his location: "Where can you find us? We are located in the center of Philipsburg, near the harbor of the cruise ships."

:confused: Do we dock up closer to town and Im wrong about that pier down past Bobby's Marina? Or do I have to make my way up into Philipsburg regardless once I get off the ship?

HELP... lol... thanks.

Ok... thats the first time Im reading that for St Maarten. Any way to know where your ship will be docking, any one have a link. I know its probably too early for my October sailing, but I can check it closer to the date. According to the cruise calendar, there will be 3 ships in port that day, but it doesnt tell me where I will dock.

Thanks.

I will bet money that Grandeur (Royal Caribbean will dock at the main pier) however you might just GIVE THEM A CALLl.....bearing in mind that it could change. We learned (on the Serenade) that stuff does in the islands..... like when we left St. Thomas the captain came over the p.a. and announced we were going to stop in St. Croix for about 5 hrs..(not a scheduled stop) so we were delighted that we could go ashore for a couple of hours.... then 1 hr later he came back on and said it was too windy so we would not stop..... things change.

Not sure about Arthurs since we rented from Hertz and they were right there at the dock (2 minute walk from gangplank).

The main cruise ship dock (AC Wathey Pier) normally holds four ships, so with only three in that day, you should be docked. Short walk to the Philipsburg shopping area, or taxi to it, or take the water taxi. Drove past the dock area a few times during our February three week vacation and saw lots of cruisers walking into Philipsburg. Currently some construction near Bobby's Marina, but you can still walk through the area.

Its making more sense now... I think Arthurs website just confused me. Everything else tells me he is located where ever the ships dock, and like you said, since there are only 3 in port that day we should be at the Wathey pier.

Your help is much appreciated!

Archived