Check in glitches

daleandrews

We received an email from Explora yesterday (June 3) advising us that we can now check in for our September 2 cruise from Glasgow to (eventually) NYC.  I attempted to work my way through the sign in process today but encountered a maddening number of glitches.  First, information that I entered and saved was then displayed incorrectly after saving.  Specifically, the program kept transposing numbers entered for our passports and then changing the dates entered.  These errors I eventually corrected through re-entering, and then re-checking the information.  So beware -- when you are inputting information check on the next page whether the information has been stored correctly.  

Also I found that my wife's birthday information as stored in our booking information (and then used by the check-in program) was also wildly wrong -- wrong year, wrong month, wrong day.  I went back to the booking page attempting to correct the dates and while I could enter new ones the program would not save the newly entered date and instead reverted to the erroneous one.  Has anyone else experienced this and been able to successfully rectify it?

Finally when I tried to save my own information (which I had managed to eventually get correct on the check in page) the program returned a message of "can't save, try again later."

I'm thinking I need to call Explora on Monday since I suspect that this is all a bit complex for them to reliably handle by email.  Anyone else with similar experiences?

I HAVE TO LAUGH...I JUST SPENT 20 MINUTES BANGING AWAY TO GET MY CHECK IN FORM DONE (SAME TRIP AS YOU DALE, ALSO GOT THE EMAIL YESTERDAY).  I WAS ABLE TO ENTER EVERYTHING FOR HUSBAND AND ME, NO ERRORS NOTED.  BUT GOT SAME "CAN'T SEND, TRY LATER". I FIGURED SOMEONE ON CC WOULD KNOW WHAT TO DO! NOT YET. I KEEP READING THE MSC IS FAMOUS FOR LOUSY TECH SUPPORT...I THINK I BELIEVE THAT NOW! I PLAN TO ASK MY TA FOR ANY ADVICE. STILL MANY WEEKS AWAY SO IT WILLGET SORTED. 

Can I join you?  🤣 .  Because it is still so far away, no need to stress, just a bit of a head scratcher.  We went to antarctica in NOv 2021…that was a nightmare! Didn’t know if Chile would open or not…the visa application was so confusing and testing on arrival was so worrisome.  But all went well, wonderful trip and this silly hiccup is not going to worry me. I look forward to meeting and your crew in September. ( and here’s hoping the IT glitches are the only problem there are having getting the ship up and sailing!)

FYI -- After contacting Explora concerning glitches in the sign-in program as of today, 2 days later, all fixed and all is well.  Signed in and boarding passes received for our September 2 departure!