Help - which Athens tour?

10sam

We will be in Athens multiple days - 8 travelling together.  From this site, I have narrowed it down to PK Travel private 4 hour walking tour with a guide or Hellenic Tours 1/2 with minibus and driver?  Price is pretty much the same.  I am leaning towards the walking tour since you have a guide that can go through with you?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 10sam said:

We will be in Athens multiple days - 8 travelling together.  From this site, I have narrowed it down to PK Travel private 4 hour walking tour with a guide or Hellenic Tours 1/2 with minibus and driver?  Price is pretty much the same.  I am leaning towards the walking tour since you have a guide that can go through with you?

Walking tour.  Does it include the Acropolis or are you going there another day? 

yes, it is modifiable but this is the basic tour -

The Acropolis [Temple of Parthenon, Propylea, Temple of Athena Nike, Temple of Erechtheion, Cariatides, Herodeon Theater, Theater of Dionysus, Areopagus/Mars Hill]. A beautiful pedestrian walk along the Dionyssiou Areopagitou street and finally The Acropolis Museum. The tour will last 4 hours.

2 hours ago, 10sam said:

yes, it is modifiable but this is the basic tour -

The Acropolis [Temple of Parthenon, Propylea, Temple of Athena Nike, Temple of Erechtheion, Cariatides, Herodeon Theater, Theater of Dionysus, Areopagus/Mars Hill]. A beautiful pedestrian walk along the Dionyssiou Areopagitou street and finally The Acropolis Museum. The tour will last 4 hours.

It is basically the Acropolis and the Museum.  And walking from one to the other.

You don't need a guide at the museum.  Since you will be in Athens for a few days you could go there on your own.  Consider asking the tour to take you to the Agoras, both Ancient and Roman.  Or else a tour of the Plaka ending at the Agora. 

We recently had multiple days in Athens and spent one touring Athens with Hellenic Private Tours. On the other days we organized a private half day tour to ancient Corinth with Hellenic Private Tours and a day of sailing with All Day Cruise. Both were really enjoyable and I'd definitely recommend them.

https://hellenicprivatetours.com/privatetours/corinth-half-day/

https://www.alldaycruise.net/tour/unique-sailing-experience-to-agistri-moni-aegina/