Kudos to Regent Air

RELS

Yesterday morning at 2:30 am I got a text from United that the first leg of my three-leg flight taking me from the West coast USA to Athens for a June 15 embarkation, scheduled for 6:45 am, would be delayed until noon. This blew up the whole itinerary. United rescheduled me for another three-leg itinerary with layovers of 47 and 45 minutes at O’Hare and Dulles, respectively. It would get me to Athens at 10 am, plenty of time to make the 7pm sail.

Needless to say, those short layovers made me very nervous. I called Regent air, and the agent sat on hold with United for over an hour to get me an overnight flight straight to Dulles, connecting to that same flight to Athens This meant a 10 hour layover in DC, but I am spending it in the Polaris lounge, so I’m fine with that. 

So, kudos to that agent for spending all that time on my problem, and apologies to anyone whose hold wait got longer because she was helping me.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, alainciao said:

Let us know how that layover in the Dulles Polaris lounge goes

It’s a nice lounge. Lots of room, different types of seating. I am here pretty much all day and it’s never gotten at all crowded. Decent buffet, much like any other lounge buffet (though the baked goods look better than they taste) and huge selection at the bar. 

Features I didn’t use include showers, a couple of nap rooms (I slept in my extra large chair because there was no 45 minute limit there 😁), and a dining room with such entrees as lamb, duck, smoked salmon. I probably would have used the dining room but I discovered it too late.

I probably wouldn’t have taken a 10-hour layover if I wasn’t eligible for this lounge.

• Like 1