Kid's program and dining

I'm trying to decide between Disney and the Mariner. I have been on both, loved both, but felt Mariner had one big down side which I hope someone can tell me has been improved. We travelled with our 6 year old son (now 8) and we felt we were constantly picking him up and dropping him off at the kids program due to their unuusal hours (he wanted to be there as much as he could so he could play with the other kids). In addition, I really didn't like that they only provided dinner 3 out of 7 nights and you had to stand in line to try to get one of the spots. On Disney they are pretty much open all the time and dinner is provided every night. My son, unfortunatly, really did not like going to the dining room so every night we would start dinner at 5:30 and then at 6:00 my niece would get up from dinner and take him up to the kid's area. I couldn't understand why they wouldn't open at 5:30. It is very easy to feed your children prior to 5:30 with all the wonderful eating places. Anyhow, if someone has just been with their kids and can tell me what the hours were and how dinner was handled I would be very thankful

Archived