Ambassador lifting all COVID-19 vaccination, testing protocols June 22, 2023

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Ambassador lifting all COVID-19 vaccination, testing protocols June 22, 2023

My initial thought was that this is not good news for people like myself who are immunocompromised (and have had 7 covid vaccinations) but I guess anyone who has had 2 or 3 doses had them so long ago that in all probability the effectiveness has waned.

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2023 at 5:06 PM, kendadj said:

My initial thought was that this is not good news for people like myself who are immunocompromised (and have had 7 covid vaccinations) but I guess anyone who has had 2 or 3 doses had them so long ago that in all probability the effectiveness has waned.

I am in the same situation as you.  7 vaccinations and immunocompromised.  I managed to sail around the world for 80 nights earlier this year on Fred Olsen without catching it. Vaccinations were still required then. We have booked 42 nights on Ambition for January   I am taking a risk, hope it is worth it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yorkshire traveller said:

I am in the same situation as you.  7 vaccinations and immunocompromised.  I managed to sail around the world for 80 nights earlier this year on Fred Olsen without catching it. Vaccinations were still required then. We have booked 42 nights on Ambition for January   I am taking a risk, hope it is worth it.

Life has to go on even for us!   And of course despite have multiple vaccinations, we don't know if we have responded to them and built up any immunity.  Roll on Evusheld 2

2 minutes ago, kendadj said:

Life has to go on even for us!   And of course despite have multiple vaccinations, we don't know if we have responded to them and built up any immunity.  Roll on Evusheld 2

I have paid for 2 private tests as the NHS wouldn't do one.  The first test after my second vaccine showed I had no immunity at all.  The second test after my third vaccine showed I did have some immunity but quite weak.  I then joined a research programme and had another test free of charge which showed I had immunity but not how much.  I had had another jab by then. I caught covid last summer on holiday in Cyprus. I was ill but not as ill as I thought I would be which has somewhat reassured me that I won't die if I catch it again so just trying to carry on and not think about it too much now.

• Like 1