Little French Key Review?

eknowlton

• 4 months later...

I am back from my trip and can report on Little French Key Resort.

This was my favorite excursion of the trip.

Their communications were clear and everything went really smoothly. We found our driver and they first took us to AJ's Sloth Sanctuary.  What a great experience! We were able to hold sloths, macaws, gerbils, and capuchin monkeys.  It was obvious that the animals are loved and well cared for.
The drivers then took us to the place where you pay for your package (you don't pay anything in advance), and we boarded a small ferry to go over to LFK. While the place isn't perfect, it is quite beautiful, and the service was great. We had a fantastic day there. We had plenty of space, enjoyed snorkeling, kayaking, and just swimming in the beautiful clear water. It was my mom's 85th birthday and she celebrated by jumping off the rope swing! 
Happy to answer any questions.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello:

I was hoping to get some more info on this excursion. I have been following LFK on instagram and trip advisor and i know some of the back story about the situation with the owners. Can i ask where you booked this tour from? We are going in July and i googled it and was almost caught by the wrong website that's out there but did stop before giving any payment info. Did you book through LFK directly or is there another tour company you used? Also, was the transportation included and on time? I usually dont do non ship sponsored tours because of anxiety of missing the ship but this place looks and sounds really fun and includes the sloths so i really want to go. Any other details you could give about the experience would be so helpful. Thanks!

• Like 1

Sure - happy to help!

I booked directly through the resort. I sent an email to info@littlefrenchkeyresort.com and got a response pretty quickly. They sent very specific directions on where to meet their driver (and his "assistant" Sebastian who was 11 or 12 and spoke perfect english) who was waiting for us when we got off the ship. We did not pay anything in advance. They first took us to the sloth sanctuary, we paid directly for entrance there ($15pp I believe), and then they drove us to the place where we paid for our LFK tickets and boarded a ferry over to the resort. At the resort, they had signs saying what time we should leave for our ship, and Sebastian came back to make sure we got on the ferry in time as well. We made it back on the ship with plenty of time to spare. 

Happy to answer any other questions!

Kelly

Thanks so much! This makes me feel a lot better about it. Just one more question. I saw some things about paying high taxes if using a credit card. Did you pay in cash or can they take cards? Also are you transported in a large group or just your own party? 

1 minute ago, krusso80 said:

Thanks so much! This makes me feel a lot better about it. Just one more question. I saw some things about paying high taxes if using a credit card. Did you pay in cash or can they take cards? Also are you transported in a large group or just your own party? 

You can pay with cash, credit card, or paypal but each has a different tax rate. We used paypal because it had the lowest tax rate (5% versus I believe 15% for cash and even higher for credit card).

There were 14 of us, so we had our own van. I am not sure how they handle smaller groups.

Enjoy!

Kelly