Drinks packages on Oceania

roscoff

We're on Marina now.  We changed from SBC to the House select package of wine and beer with meals after I worked out that we only needed to have fewer than 2 drinks a day to come out ahead.  I've been very impressed with the service from the sommeliers on board.  Our glasses are kept topped up and always with a smile.  I ordered a glass of Pinot Blanc which had just been restocked and wasn’t chilled.  The sommelier said she could chill it for me in 20 minutes and would I like a glass of something else in the meantime.  Today I went to an enrichment lecture that ran on, and we were too late for lunch at the buffet.  We were able to order from Waves grill and eat indoors.  The wine service was closing so the sommelier suggested we had two drinks, which, for me, meant a large glass of wine.  That was thoughtful.

The problem with the Happy Hour is the 2 drinks have to be the same, and I doubt I could manage 2 cocktails before dinner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

That was a big mistake. SBC perk is a wash with the added cost of O Life. Had you taken the tours option you could select up to twice their $100/tour base value (i.e,, up to $199 each)

Initially we we took the tours option but most of the excursions we wanted weren’t included.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 7:03 PM, nucdrf said:

This may be off topic, but Roscoff, if you booked before July 1, you may want to have your agent check to see if there’s a new price for your cabin.  We just got a $2400 credit on our Sirena Amazon cruise because of the difference between the price we paid and the current price for the same cabin.  Our $800 0Life credit for excursions was increased to $1200, and basic wine/beer package is now included.

Given the size of our credit, I’m not sure it pays for me to upgrade to the premium drinks package. I’ll probably wait until I get on board and can see if my favorite scotch is included. 

Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply, unfortunately by the time I noticed there had been quite a substantial drop in price, nearly all the cabins were wait listed. In these circumstances I couldn’t get a refund, I did ask, I haven’t had a reply, it’s probs been a month, so I’m taking that as a no. I’ve now asked that in light of this maybe they’d like to give us a drinks package, no reply there as yet !!  For what seemed like good reasons at the time, I booked directly with Oceania, now I wish we’d used an agent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1