Review of Carnival Venezia Compared to Royal Caribbean

On 7/27/2023 at 6:40 PM, joge107 said:

We were on the Anthem from Bayonne Dec 26th.  2d time on Anthem.  Nice ship, typical RCL experience, but, the MDR food left a lot to be desired!  In past experience , I always found Carnival  MDR food better  ( pre covid).  On Venezia 8/2 so should be able to make solid comparison.

On 7/30/2023 at 10:21 AM, carol louise said:

Interesting. Maybe they changed the buffet arrangement after our June cruise. Definitely after getting my scrambled eggs and hot cereal in the main I got fruit salad or melon slices at the counter located behind you if waiting for an omelette, and the rolls/croissants were with the fruit. Or perhaps when we ate, around 7:30, those items were still there from the early continental breakfast set-up and were moved back to the main line before the end of breakfast service.

That was the same set up when I went in July. Soon as I got my omelette, turned around and got the fruit, no line.

On 8/3/2023 at 11:57 AM, retltrcrr said:

I would like to comment on the decor being made from plastics.  Could you imagine the weight issue if everything was real marble, wood or tile?  The fuel consumption would be so high the ship would be refueling between islands, lol.  No ship holds its beauty once thousands of people roam her every day of her life.  I have always been happy with the food on any and all cruise lines I've sailed because it's convenient, abundant, varied and I didn't have to cook it. Waiting in line, where else do I have to be?  Chat it up with the people around you….

I like your attitude! Regarding food, I too, was more than pleased with the food on Venezia, especially the buffet, where we ate most of our meals. One day, for example, among the many choices available, they served mussels—for lunch! I helped myself to a plateful. This is the life, I thought. 

And you are so right about the building materials. Another consideration concerning wood is flammability.

• Like 1