Labadee Zipline

Ravensfan1973

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 9:53 AM, Ravensfan1973 said:

What would you recommend getting to record yourself going down the Dragon's Breath Zip Line.  Don't want to lose my phone coming down.  What experiences did you have?

I used a Gopro, but keep in mind which one you are doing, if you are doing the sitdown a chest mount will work, superman style would require a headmount.  I wouldn't trust using my cellphone its a long fall and I'd rather have a camera that could potentially take a fall, rather than a phone that absolutely wouldn't.

• 1 month later...

I was just about to ask the same thing.  I want to do the seated one (no way am I doing the "Superman" one!).  I do have a GoPro, complete with a chest strap, so I assume that's allowed?  It's already been tried and tested on the Cocoa Cay zipline, and it worked great, so I'm hoping that kind of mount is allowed on this one.

Also, I assume we can choose which style zipline we want to ride ("Superman" vs seated)?

Edited by broadwaybaby123

33 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Also, I assume we can choose which style zipline we want to ride ("Superman" vs seated)?

Yes, they are different purchases in the planner and have slightly different price points. The Dragon's Fire is the "Superman" position where it is like you are flying, and the Dragon's Breath is the more traditional, seated zip line position. 

48 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Yes, they are different purchases in the planner and have slightly different price points. The Dragon's Fire is the "Superman" position where it is like you are flying, and the Dragon's Breath is the more traditional, seated zip line position. 

Thank you so much, I just checked my cruise planner to see if I purchased the right one (thank God I did!). I did have the right one purchased. As a fairly new rider, I want to have a few more Ziplines under my belt before I try "Superman Style"!

Thank you also to @Ravensfan1973 for answering my camera question!

• Like 1