Voyager of the Seas October 14, 2024 a Royal Fiasco

We are diamond on Royal.  On Cyber Monday we booked B@B Voyager of the Seas for October of 2024.  First leg Rome to Athens leaving 10/7/2024.  Second leg 10/14/2024 Athens to Barcelona.  We had the same cabins for both cruises. Then in July they sent a letter saying they were canceling and replacing the Athens to Barcelona leg with a Athens to Malaga leg same dates.  We had to choose if we wanted to change or keep this cruise by August 10th.  I got in touch with Royal on August 3rd and received a new cruise invoice with the proper ports and the same costs.  This morning by chance I was reading the pubic board on this cruise and saw that several people had the cruise canceled and refunded because they did not make a decision by August 10.  I checked my royal account and the Athens to Malaga leg was gone. No email from Royal saying it was canceled.  I called Royal and they had canceled my Athens to Malaga leg for nonresponse.  After being passed to a supervisor, I did get the cruise reinstated at the Cyber Monday price but now my cabin was gone.  I am not sure why they had to completely cancel the cruise and make everyone choose to rebook.  This is very poor customer service.  Royal had to know there would be issues with this cruise they way they were forcing everyone to rebook rather than just accept by default.