NCL app price info bug? Specialty Dining Package pricing for non-American users

juneaubliss

I'm from Canada and in my NCL app under Dining, for the 2 Meal Special Dining Package it says, as stated:

Price C156.71

All prices in USD

The first line implies $156 Canadian dollars (which is about $115 USD at current rates) but the second one implies $156.71 US dollars.

I assume the price for me would actually be $156.71 in Canadian dollars, and the info "all prices in USD" is just a bug related to the NCL phone app -- can someone confirm this?

Per NCL.com, 2UDP is $99 USD ( https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/onboard-packages/dining-packages ) which at the current exchange rate of under 1.36 would be about $135 CAD, so $156 CAD would still be more expensive than the USD price by about 15%.

1 hour ago, InFullertonCA said:

I’m not sure if this helps, but this is a screen shot from my App in the US.

This shows a starting cost of $118.80 

I see, the current price has deviated from the website's rates. $118.80 USD * 1.35 market rate = about $160 CAD, about $3 CAD of difference from my number.

9 minutes ago, Asawi said:

They do the same thing for us Europeans. Prices ARE in Euro but on several places it says "all prices are in USD".  Easier for us to spot though with the Euro-sign as a tell

So for your upgrade price, 79 EUR * 1.47 = comparable to $116 CAD. For me, my app says C109.22, which is about 6% less.

It looks like my prices should be in Canadian dollars, and the "all prices are in USD" is a misleading note or a bug (the sample menus seem to be in USD).

I was only thinking of getting SDP for the third guest to be able to dine together at Teppanyaki, but it doesn't look like a good value proposition for that since a la carte is $59 USD, and my SDP per meal is about $58 USD but I have to buy two meals.

11 hours ago, juneaubliss said:

I was only thinking of getting SDP for the third guest to be able to dine together at Teppanyaki, but it doesn't look like a good value proposition for that since a la carte is $59 USD, and my SDP per meal is about $58 USD but I have to buy two meals.

I'm assuming (yes I know I shouldn't assume) you have the same offers in Canada as I do in the US, but my pre-cruise offers on the website differ from what I see on the App.  As an example I have this offer for 2 dinners at a 30% discount.  I realize paying for the single meal is still a better value for you ($59 + 20% gratuity added of $11.80 = $70.80), but it will only cost you $12.00 more for 2 meals w/tips.

I guess I'm trying to point out that sometimes the offers between the website and the App differ and you should check both.

I hope you enjoy your dinner!

image.thumb.png.928f2e11d289e9360161b8b75eec810f.png

56 minutes ago, InFullertonCA said:

I'm assuming (yes I know I shouldn't assume) you have the same offers in Canada as I do in the US, but my pre-cruise offers on the website differ from what I see on the App.  As an example I have this offer for 2 dinners at a 30% discount.  I realize paying for the single meal is still a better value for you ($59 + 20% gratuity added of $11.80 = $70.80), but it will only cost you $12.00 more for 2 meals w/tips.

I guess I'm trying to point out that sometimes the offers between the website and the App differ and you should check both.

That's the upgrade for someone who already has the SDP. That deal does have an extra discount, but I was referring to the SDP for the 3rd guest who doesn't have the package yet, which costs more; two extra meals for me is about $81, but for the third guest it's about $115.

Since SDP is not transferrable, NCL is basically charging us extra for the 3rd guest to share the specialty dining experience with the companions.

Thanks, we'll aim to enjoy!

Edited by juneaubliss