Flying Fishbone

Cabin8538

How close to the dock is. . .walking distance or do you need a cab?
Not even close to being within walking distance of Oranjestad. Taxi is about $18 each way. That is per car, NOT per person.

The restaurant was a $25 cab fare away for us from La Cabana in Eagle beach, so $18 from downtown sounds about right.

Not sure about a kid's menu, but I have to imagine they'd be willing to accommodate you on one way or the other. I'd e-mail them using the contact info on the reservations portion of their web site; they should respond. You don't need to actually reserve a table to contact them.

Just below, I've attached my post from another thread about our experience there just last week. GO THERE! :-)............

I'm not sure about the second restaurant mentioned in this thread, but my wife and I were just at the Flying Fishbone on Tuesday, and it may have been the best overall dining experience we've ever had in our lives.

Yes, it's definitely a little on the pricey side - but we both thought it was WAY worth every penny! Calamari appetizer, creamy corn and crab soup, shrimp/lobster combo, very generous portion of beef tenderloin w/bleu cheese, potatoes and veggies, dark chocolate mousse and warm apple pie desserts (including small bowl of fruits and cookies that come along for the ride), plus an irish coffee, decaf, and two 10-oz. Balashi beers ran us about $135 without tip.

And let me tell you, the food was OUTSTANDING. Service was also very gracious; our waiter Joseph was terrific. (It's not a "chop chop, move you from one course to the next as fast as possible" type place, so don't expect that, but trust me you won't be in a hurry to leave!)

Add in the fact that this is about the most peaceful and romantic setting on the water you could imagine (including a roving saxophonist who walks around from table to table playing softly after the beautiful sunset), and suddenly $160 seemed like not that much at all. It was an experience we'll never forget, and the highlight of our cruise.

There were a handful of younger children and some teens at the restaurant as well, and although extremely casual, it did seem to be a very quiet atmosphere - probably because most people are so appreciative of the setting. It's the kind of place where you don't even feel the need to talk sometimes; you find yourself perfectly content to just sit together and soak in the wonderful atmosphere.

All in all, this is probably more of an ideal couples spot, but I certainly think that if your teens have an appreciation and enjoyment of good restaurants especially on the water), they would love it too!

Archived