Pre Cruise out of Long Beach

Mike Dante

Doing the Panorama in Dec., and flying in on Tues before we sail on Sat. Was thinking San Diego for a few days and then heading to Long Beach the night before we sail. Any thought or ideas as to what makes this the perfect start to our trip? We are for sure doing the zoo on Wed, which leaves Thu wide open,  Also, Any thought for Fri as we head back towards Long Beach? Ideas are welcome.

Regards

Mike

I'd visit La Jolla for the Cove, Children's Pool, Downtown and maybe Torrey Pines.

Look at Coronado, especially the Hotel del Coronado at Christmas time.

Old Town and Little Italy are popular too.

I wouldn't leave San Diego until 8PM at least. Return the car to the Long Beach Airport at stay at one of the LGB area hotels (Marriott & Hilton choices) and Uber to the port in the morning.

22 hours ago, Mike Dante said:

These are awesome suggestions. I really like the idea of the cove and childrens pool and that will take care of Thursday, Where would you recommend for staying in the area? No kids just DW and I. 

Where to stay depends on your budget, your likes, etc.

The La Jolla Shore Hotel is great, the Coronado Marriott is great, La Pensione in Little Italy is a lovely place. Then there are the InterContinental and SpringHill Suites overlooking the San Diego Cruise Port. It is a great area, next to Little Italy, with lots to do.

• Thanks 1