Lanzarote: Papadeguayo Beach

nursemommy7578

We've been to Lanzarote a few times for holidays and went to Papagayo beach once. It wasn't worth the journey, just a small cove shaped beach in the middle of nowhere. I recommend you have a look on Google maps at where it is and what's around it (very little) and then decide if it's worth your time.

imho Lanzarote is the least interesting of the Canary Islands (I know I ll get shot down for saying that!) the only thing worth doing is the visit to the volcanic park, which is spectacular as the volcanic action is live, and they do stuff like cooking steaks over the steam vents, we did that excursion years ago on a land holiday, but it looks to be still the same. 

We were also there last year on a ship and an excursion was included in the cruise price, so we went by coach to a beach in the north called Playa de Famara which has a bit of a surfing/ hippy vibe, but its a long way in the coach and there is really not much there as far as I could see in a short visit. 

Jimmy is right that the beach you mention is a long way. its near one of the main resorts, that s where we stayed on our land holiday, pleasant enough place for a winter sun escape from the UK  but nothing special.