Post-Cruise Report: NCL Escape NE/Canada Sept 17 - 24, 2023

Ellis1138

26 minutes ago, mendi said:

Wheel of Fortune is done in the Atrium, not on the show stage. They still did it 2 weeks ago. Choir of Man is still showing, sold out every show with standby for those not quick enough to make reservations. Do that first thing on deck 7 when boarding ship, even before lunch. Also an Elton John Tribute trio in Supper Club (no charge including dinner) which to me was not really that good. But everyone has own opinion. Do NOT miss Choir of Man. We saw it in 2019 on Escape and also this past week on both Monday and Saturday. 

26 minutes ago, mendi said:

Wheel of Fortune is done in the Atrium, not on the show stage. They still did it 2 weeks ago. Choir of Man is still showing, sold out every show with standby for those not quick enough to make reservations. Do that first thing on deck 7 when boarding ship, even before lunch. Also an Elton John Tribute trio in Supper Club (no charge including dinner) which to me was not really that good. But everyone has own opinion. Do NOT miss Choir of Man. We saw it in 2019 on Escape and also this past week on both Monday and Saturday. 

I stand corrected, Wheel of Fortune was in the theatre one evening when Choir of Man was not running. The Choir of Man was only done 3 days during the cruise as I recall. 2 shows each time.

Just now, mendi said:

Main show like Choir of Man only runs 3 of the 7 nights. (2 shows each night). 4 nights open for the theatre to do other things. This past cruise had a mentalist duo (sad) and an Elton John tribute (pretty weak). Should be something nightly in the theatre since the Escape is not full of public space options. Need to cut back on specialty restaurants and make more use of the ship for the passengers. IMO.

I did see "Wheel of Fortune" in the Dailies, but didn't take note of where it was happening, aside from saying "Wheel... of ... Fish!" any time I saw it in the dailies. Choir of Man was only on twice during my sailing, I think. And I overheard some people who loved the Elton John thing and others who didn't.

2 hours ago, rccllovergirl said:

Have they removed the ice room (may be they called it snow room) from Thermal spa? 

The snow room is there. It's very cold. I did mention in my spa portion that I wasn't able to do the snow room much, due to fear of slipping and falling. I mainly did Thalassotherapy massage pool, rinsed off with the public rain shower, then if the steam room was empty, did that and finished up by drying out in the full heat sauna. I never did the sanarium or salt room, but they are still there.