Santiago W Hotel

bohaiboy

SSea has changed from the Mandarin Oriental to the W Santiago.  First 2023/24 Antarctica season cruises have started on the Endeavour, Wind, and Cloud or will soon.  Over on another SS group, reports back from the W Hotel in Santiago have been dismal, so just a heads up.  Here are a few quotes:  
"

On the Endeavour now!
The W was NOT good. Not just my opinion but many others onboard as well. This may sound silly but the room was clean but looked dirty. To explain, no physical dirt to be seen but gray smudges around light switches, thermostat was 

I agree with everything you said. HVAC system died in my room, as did the toilet and multiple lights (which they fixed, only for them to fail again.) Wallpaper peeling and the painted walls were sorely in need of a fresh coat of paint. Towe…

I forgot about the towels! Totally thread-bear. The bath mat was unraveling!

They did use them both last years, thou mostly it was the MO.  Now the MO in Santiago is also not on par with other locations if your used to top tier hotels. They do have a great pool to relax.  

Silversea also used nothing but contractors in Santiago, and the communication has horrible, as each would have different answers.  I recommend just go with the flow, and all be will great once on the ship.