Celebrity Constellation 4/28 Trans-atlantic

rienreiter

Hey, I haven't booked but I'm thinking about it as well. My bf and I were just on the Constellation last month on a Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan and we loved the ship and the crew. We would really like to sail on that ship again and will probably never find a cheaper itinerary. We are both airline employees and don't know our schedules for May yet so that's why we are hesitant to book.

-John

Hi John:

Thanks for responding.

I haven't booked yet. I'm still undecided between Mercury to Mexican Riviera on 4/28 or Constellation trans-atlantic on 4/28.

I am now noticing the Constellation trans-atlantic of 4/28 because they have recently changed the itinerary stopping in Le Havre (France). Previously, it was stopping in Plymouth/Cornwall. Much prefer Le Havre as now can visit Mont. St. Michel or Normandy beaches from Le Havre.

If it is OK to ask you, do you have any advice on how to book economical one-way fares from Europe back to the U.S.? All of the one-way fares that I have found are more expensive than round trips where I wouldn't use the return to the UK portion. Any advice that you have is tremendously appreciated.

Will let you know if I book this one and I sure do hope that you guys can make it. A trans-atlantic is a great experience.

Regards,

John: Glad to see that you may be able to make it. As you can see, there are two threads for this cruise and there will be quite a few of us on board. Accidentally started a new thread; had not seen the other one.

Glad to see your comment about the FOD meetings.

-----

I am on the second seating for dinner. How about the rest of us?

Great hearing from you guys... we are happy to see a few more family members joining. We booked via Dargal.com which we have used many times. Dennis and I and Francois are on second sitting and we linked our reservations so we end up on the same dining table. You are welcome to join us if you wish. Ruy

Hey Wingsrcl:

Guess what? I ended up buying a BA one way ticket for $900. Turns out that day before yesterday BA raised round trip fares to almost $1200. Now, the one way is more economical.

So, what size table do you guys have?

Regards,

Rienrieter,

Sorry to hear the fare went up~! I can't believe it! We don't have a table size assigned, just a request, either way, there is always more room for Royalty. So far there are three of us with reservations "linked", however John might decide to join us, and of course you would be welcome too. How are things in Florida? Tell us a bit more about yourself when you have a chance... or if you feel like.

Rienrieter,

Sorry to hear the fare went up~! I can't believe it! We don't have a table size assigned, just a request, either way, there is always more room for Royalty. So far there are three of us with reservations "linked", however John might decide to join us, and of course you would be welcome too. How are things in Florida? Tell us a bit more about yourself when you have a chance... or if you feel like.

Hi Wingsrcl:

Can you believe the fare increase? Oh well, these things happen. On a positive note, I already have all of my flights taken care of so I am just waiting for April 28th. Arriving in Newark that morning of the 28th and I think I should be at the pier by 11 AM. Perhaps too early to start boarding yet.

Weather is getting hot here in Florida. Temp. already going up into the mid to upper 80's. Not normal for this time of year. It's cooling down again this weekend and we'll be back to normal temps.

I may have friends joining me on the cruise so I'll let you know later about linking our reservations so we can be seated together. Since I'll be traveling alone this time (my partner can't make it this time), I had requested to be seated at a large table.

Just got back from an 11-day Panama Canal cruise last week. If you haven't done the canal cruise, I really recommend it. Sailing through it was really an experience.

Say, have you travelled with Celebrity before? If so, what is your experience as to how gents dress for dinner on non-formal nights? Was wondering how strict they are about their dress code and if long sleeve, dress shirts and dress slacks would be fine for those non-formal nights. Any info. that you can share is appreciated.

Regards,

PS Really got a kick out of your comment "there is always more room for Royalty."

Archived