Travel Agents, What Am I Missing?

New2Cruise76

On 11/23/2023 at 4:59 PM, Sundiego said:

Ha. I was surprised that MSC wanted to see the DD214 *again* since we had cruised with them a few times previously. Most cruise lines link it to your "Voyager" number and some even show military rates when pricing a cruise. But this is MSC after all. It's never seamless. Sent the DD214 to our TA and she forwarded to MSC for repricing to include the extra 10%.

Denise

Just curious. Both my TA and MSC CS have told me Military discount is not combinable with VC discount. It's one or the other. Were you successful with this? It's also stated in MSC T&C. Thanks.

image.thumb.png.2a8ba0a092140cb011771fc2510764ca.png

I'm going to echo the responses with respect to cash or OBC rebates from many travel agencies.  I think it's one of the best perks when booking through a TA.  I have also read here about the difficulties people have when dealing with MSC customer service if they have an issue and need to get in touch with the line.  From what I understand, it can be a train wreck.

In the future, if you decide to use a TA, look for one that has a good relationship with the line you are sailing with.  Some specialize in booking with certain lines and often have direct contacts they can use and skip the on hold music and the press one, press two extravaganza.  I use a large travel agency that specializes in luxury travel of all kinds.  Don't be put off by their focus on luxury hotels, cruises, and resorts, though.  They will work with anyone.

• Like 1