Which do you recommend Play Mia or Paradise Beach?

duskview

I was just at PB on Thursday. Nice facilities, but very crowded. The beach isn't that large and it was packed. Food was good, but drinks could have been better and I thought they were pricey. To do it over again, I would have rented a car and drove around the island to sightsee for a while. Maybe could have found a less crowded beach with a little more room.

I loved Paradise Beach on my visit last Wednesday there. But yes, its very very crowded. Get there as early as possible to get a good chair/umbrella.

The drink I had there (banana daiquiri in yard) was $12 and was yummy!! Husband had Dos Equis beer. They had a wide variety from what I saw.

We also loved the food we got.

The main problem I had was that the water was very murky and VERY rocky. If you go here, you have to bring water shoes to go in there your you will be uncomfortable walking in shallow parts. Plus, why risk cutting foot? They said these large rocks washed up from hurricane, and I can totally see that, and that is also why water wasnt clear like it used to be there. In time, hopefully, those two things will return to normal.

I like the beach enough to return back next March when I go to Coz. The atmosphere at this beach was just great...although it IS small.

I have been to Playa Mia Beach as well, and loved that too. Before Wilma they had a petting zoo there and I am a huge animal lover and that was a highlight...but I dont know what became of that after hurricane. Animals may have been moved. That beach also seemed a lot bigger. Water was clear enough to snorkel last time I was there in 2004...but who knows now.

DaNewks,

We're on the Miracle on April 9th. Just my DH and 13 y/o son. Looking forward to just laying on the beach. Doesn't sound like Paradise Beach is what I'm looking for. Don't like rocks and murky water. Will have try and get more info on other beaches.

When you cruising and what ship?:)

Duskview

Here's a good beach review site: http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/CozumelWestBeaches.htm

Personally, I really like Paradise, but it does get busy. If the water is murky there, it will be murky at most beaches. I guess the rockiness is due to the past hurricanes. I don't recall it being like that in early 2005. Chankanaab Park is another good bet for children.

Archived