Dream review 03-11

Lisa&Neb

Well we have officially been off the ship for 2 days and I think that it is time for a review.

Saturday March 11

Rented a car from the Seabrook, TX (call directly) for a pick up at Houston Airport (if you book at the airport you will be charged an additional $80 but if you arrange it with Seabrook -dropoff location - you will be spared the charge).

La Porte, TX is not a lovely port at all. However, the lines to get to the ship were really quick, we got there about 12:30pm and got right on the ship. It was really easy to find our cabin as we were on the ship last year and things all looked familiar again.

Stateroom - we were in cabin 8030 and had a slightly limited view, we looked onto the front end of a lifeboat but could see straight out - no complaints.

First day at sea was ok. We found it to be more rocky then in the past, both of us needed to take a seasick pill we got from reception that night.

I will try to break this review down into sections, starting with food.

FOOD - we tended to find it good. I thought of it as though I don't have to cook it or clean it up, it's going to be fine.

Breakfast - mostly in the Sports Bar but avoid the eggs, unless you enjoy runny scrambled eggs. We did eat at Four Seasons for breakfast a couple times and we both had omlets because we knew that the eggs would be runny - we were right. A young girl that we were sitting with had them and did not eat them at all. The hashbrowns in the restaurants are the shredded style, I think like Denny's. In the Sports Bar they were Tasty Taters. The Pizzeria had real potatoes with onions and peppers but I found them not to be cooked enough. The omelet and waffle bar were by far the best, you could also walk into the Pizzeria to get sausage and bacon if you wanted. Juice, coffee, tea, milk were all available at breakfast.

Lunch - we went all over for this. We really liked the BBQ and the pizzeria however, I often found the pizza cold and had a rubbery taste to it. If you are going to get a burger make sure to get all the drippings off as it will make it really messy to eat.

Dinner - we ate at all the restaurants for dinner. The service was alright at most. We ate in Le Bistro two nights. Both nights we had the same meal - appetizer - asparagus with holandaise sauce for Lisa and the beef consume soup with the bread top for Neb. Main course - filet mignon with bernaise sauce (I asked for a baked potato to go with this) and Neb had the same. Dessert was really good. The first time I had the pinapple flambe and the second time I had the chocolate fondue.

Most meals were served fairly quickly and the food was an alright temperature. We never had a mess up on our meals, it was really nice.

Entertainment - we only went to a couple of the shows as they were the same this year as last. We enjoyed the Country Gold show and the comedian was alright.

We played Bingo once and won $200 and won a raffle for $300.

Lisa went to the Art Auctions and didn't win the "lucky prize of a piece of art".

If you go to the guess the fake at the jewellry store, really read the instructions for your guess. For last weeks cruise the instructions were something to this affect:

Of these three rings, two are real and one is fake. Can you guess which is the fake? The hint is that two are real and ONE is fake so the ring #1 is the fake one.

Overall a very relaxing trip. The excursions will be posted tomorrow, I need to get back into reality and get to bed so I can function tomorrow at work.

Sorry, one more question, if you didn't stop in Cancun did you recieve any compensation and if so may I ask what it was? Did you know before hand if you were or weren't suppose to stope there. We have been told by NCL that our cruise is the first one that is supposed to go there since the hurricanes.

Sorry, one more question, if you didn't stop in Cancun did you recieve any compensation and if so may I ask what it was? Did you know before hand if you were or weren't suppose to stope there. We have been told by NCL that our cruise is the first one that is supposed to go there since the hurricanes.

We did not make Cancun. No ships of any make are going to Cancun. There are rumors that Cancun will open soon, but they are jsut that, rumors. We got our port charge for Cancun ($12 and change/pp) back on our on-board account.

Neb

Archived