I liked my Bimini dive

ROUS

I dove Bimini for the first time yesterday through Neal Watson's Bimini Scuba Center.  I'd been hesitant to book a dive in Bimini, hearing that the only reason to dive there is for their shark experience.  Baiting sharks into a frenzy is a popular dive in the Bahamas, but that doesn't interest me.  Your mileage may vary.  But, I signed up for their 2-tank reef dive and had a ball.  The operator was very professional and the boat crew was great.  Both dives were pretty shallow, as seems to be typical for the Bahamas.  But, it was scenic and there were plenty of fish to see (including a couple of sharks that came by without being baited there).  If you want a fun, low-stress dive, consider this on your next Bimini stop.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of booking a liveaboard for the Bahamas as a club trip, do do Tiger Beach. Did think about Bimini too after watching Steve Bagshall take sla bunch of 14 year olds and train then up to dive with a Hammerhead, taking in bull sharks (in a cage), and various smaller sharks on the way. To add Bimini though pushes the trip to at least 10 days and I don't think I can get people for longer than a week.

• 2 weeks later...

We dove with Neal Watson in September.  I agree with you that their outfit is professional and provides a fun low stress experience.

My only warning would be - look over your equipment closely.  Since this was a short cruise for us; we only brought regs and mask.  My BCD tank strap came undone twice and I saw several other tanks floating due to bad tank straps.  One person had some problems with their reg and needed replacement mid dive.  Some of their equipment has seen a lot of action.

• Like 1