Gift bag ideas for toddlers & kids

DrPepper7

Will be on Harmony with my 3 year old twins and 6, 8, 10 year old nieces. Want to make gift bags for each of them but I'm having a really hard time coming up with ideas. I was thinking stuff to keep them busy at dinner (especially for the 3 year olds) but can anyone give any other ideas? The older girls will have freestyle cups and I've already got them all some arcade credits.

Thanks!

Magnets are fun.  For the little ones, whatever you have on the fridge to keep them busy at home will work.  For the older girls, try something like the Learning Resources Tumble Trax Magnetic Marble Run.  I also got my kids folding buckets for beach days.  

13 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

I go to the dollar store and buy lots of puzzles and crafts and whatever else they have on the shelves.  

If there is a Target near you, their "dollar spot" at the front of the store is another good place to find small activities.  Also, look for small toys designed to be party favors.  Buying a pack to use for multiple cihldren can be about the same as the dollar store.  

Pop Its seem to still be pretty popular and would be good quiet toys for dinner time.

If you have time to order, Oriental Trading Company usually as packs of small coloring and activity books that might work well at dinner too.

Probably too late to help, depending on how soon you sail, but I look for small toys/kits that get clearanced after holidays (stocking stuffers after christmas, easter baskets after Easter, and often even little trinkets after Valentines).  I keep them in a bin my closet and pull out some for daily "presents" whenever we travel.  

And for you little ones, I would pull suitable stuff out of my kids' toy bins a month or two before a trip.  By the time we traveled that stuff was "new" again.  

I always got my kids a new coloring book, new crayons, and one or two new reading books.  

On 1/21/2024 at 9:14 PM, gluecksbaer said:

Magnets are fun. .  

I like the idea of magnets - to play with (there are small building kits) and perhaps the kind where you can color the front and then put it on the outside of the cabin doors (something like these). Maybe some little portable games, like mini connect four or card games that can be played easily and quickly. My kids always liked putty, although that comes with its own risks. Do they still sell disposable cameras? Or maybe you can pull together a few outdated/old cell phones with no service for them to take pictures with. Stickers. Little ducks to hide. Lanyards in a style of their likes. Water shoes (I've seen them at Five Below before, another great place to look for some of these items). A special towel. Glow sticks or a special, fun, battery operated night light or battery tea light. A sleep mask (they might find it fun). A tiny beanie or stuffie. 

• 2 months later...

Magnet toys are a great idea because they don't run out.  

Also love those Magic Ink books.  

Look on Amazon for Make-a-Face stickers.  I bought a pack for my almost-3-year old grandson to use on our upcoming cruise -- sea animal theme -- but they're so cute I couldn't help giving him a few around the house.  He absolutely loves them, and they keep him entertained longer than you'd expect.  I think they were about 24 sticker sheets for $6.