Breakfast in Vancouver

We have a day room at the Hyatt and our friends will be at the Georgian Court.  We would like to meet for breakfast somewhere in between.  Bel Cafe, Giovane Cafe, Cafe Medina are a few that I have found.  Any suggestions on the best one for coffee, light sit down breakfast?  We will be coming from the port and they will be going to the port.  Thanks

Honestly, if it's more about the company than the food I'd keep it simple and stick to Timmies, Mickey Ds, or A&W (who actually do a passable Fried brekky in case anyone is looking for a bit more of a lasting protein/fat hit).

If you want fancier fare though, of the options listed I'd say Bel Cafe is the most practical - while the portion size isn't as good as Medina and the dishes run a bit simpler in flavour profile, Hawksworth runs the tightest kitchen in the city so consistency is as good as it gets and the daily deals up the value quite a bit. It's also a helluvalot easier to walk in and get a four top than Medina!

If Light is the most important aspect of the food, then Tractor would work well - even most locals think of them as just 'that weird salad bowl place full of people in Lululemons!' but they do a very decent range of brekkies at a modest price; $6 for a bacon & egg wrap is not to be sniffed at, and avotoast for single digits of dollars is mad good value for Van! Even big fat carnivores like myself can fill our bellies decently by adding a wrap onto the side of a brekkie bowl or sammich, and still come in at <$20 - the only real issue with them is they're so healthy that they don't sell coffee, just lemonades, kombuchas, and stuff...