Just Booked First Alaska Cruise on Encore for first week in July; What MUST I do before embarkation?

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 10:52 AM, BirdTravels said:

For @jjesq99, again, focus on the pick up point for your WP RR tour. They will have shuttles to town or over to the railway dock. Walking to town from the ore dock seems to be a bit further, but it has been years since we did that walk from the NCL Jewel. 

Bird, any idea where the Encore will dock in Ketchikan? A tour we are looking at says they p/u at cruise ship berth two; any idea if that will that work?

EDIT: I think I found the answer...appears to be Ward Cove.  I don't feel that great trying to get to the meeting point if I have to be there by 745am.  Google maps has it as 17 min, but I know there will be horrible lines.

Do you think I can make it? What time would I have to be downstairs ready to get off the boat?

Edited by jjesq99

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2024 at 12:49 PM, jjesq99 said:

Bird, any idea where the Encore will dock in Ketchikan? A tour we are looking at says they p/u at cruise ship berth two; any idea if that will that work?

EDIT: I think I found the answer...appears to be Ward Cove.  I don't feel that great trying to get to the meeting point if I have to be there by 745am.  Google maps has it as 17 min, but I know there will be horrible lines.

Do you think I can make it? What time would I have to be downstairs ready to get off the boat?

check the description of the tour carefully - our excursion says it will pick us up at Ward Cove in a separate bus . . . .