Skagway 3rd party excursion: Wildlife Safari Tour to Haines

BadgerRedux

I'm considering the Skagway Wildlife Safari Tour to Haines offered by (brokered by?) Alaska Shore Excursions; has anyone done this and would you recommend it?

Our HAL cruise stops in Skagway July 24 and sounds like the salmon might be running then; hoping to see a bear but I know it's not guaranteed.

I'm new to cruising and a little concerned about getting off the boat in time - we're supposed to be in Skagway by 7 AM, and excursion calls for meeting at the end of the pier by 7:30 AM; does this sound workable? 

Any thoughts appreciated!

https://alaskashoreexcursions.com/skagway/wildlife-safari-and-bear-viewing-tour

4 hours ago, wolfie11 said:

This is the same tour and company as the cruise line.  One of my favorite tours.  I highly recommend it!

Thanks Wolfie11, I became interested in the salmon run when you responded to the post "Which port best to see bears" a few months back - you mentioned chilkatguides operating in Haines for around $150 (booked through skagwayexcursion.com) but I ended up looking at the one sold on alaskaexcursions.com for $225.50 which departs from Skagway.  I'm assuming chilkatguides is the local operator behind the alaska excursions one too, right?  The only difference is I'd be paying $75 extra to cover the Katamaran ferry round trip from Skagway to Haines?

15 minutes ago, BadgerRedux said:

Thanks Wolfie11, I became interested in the salmon run when you responded to the post "Which port best to see bears" a few months back - you mentioned chilkatguides operating in Haines for around $150 (booked through skagwayexcursion.com) but I ended up looking at the one sold on alaskaexcursions.com for $225.50 which departs from Skagway.  I'm assuming chilkatguides is the local operator behind the alaska excursions one too, right?  The only difference is I'd be paying $75 extra to cover the Katamaran ferry round trip from Skagway to Haines?

Yes