Aug NCL - Boarding Ship in Rome - Check In Times for Cruise that Started in Barcelona

I'm on the second leg of a cruise on Escape in August (cruise begins in Barcelona) we're boarding in Rome, along with many others I'm sure...for the seven day cruise.  Port schedule shows the ship docks early that morning, and I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge as to when they allow the new passengers on board? My airbnb in Rome has a 10am departure time, so ideally I'd like to head to the port then to hopefully board at 11:30 or so. Grazie!

We're in the same boat...so to speak. We're on a 10-day September Escape cruise, boarding in  Civitavecchia that starts in Barcelona. We have our private transfer scheduled to pick us up in Rome up at 10:00. Figuring that will get us to the port around 11:00. From what I've heard, the majority of passengers boarded in Barcelona, so there shouldn't be a mad rush to board.

Of course, I've been wrong before. But I anticipate getting on the ship 11:30-ish...

• Like 1

Is your Airbnb in Rome? Or in Civitavecchia?  

The cruise does not start in Rome and the port is over an hour away. 

I would be on an early train out to the port. (the port is very walkable from the train station)

You never know what issues you'll run into on Italian roads or train tracks. 

I’ve never found boarding in Civitavecchia busy - basically a couple of minutes in line for security and at max five minutes before being at the counter. 
As detailed above having your car service pick you up at 10 provides more than ample time. I know last year we arrived around 11:30 for a cruise on the Epic (also doing the Barcelona-Rome loop) and we went right onto the ship with no waiting.  

We have been on a couple of those cruises where we embarked in Civi, but others embarked in Barcelona (most passengers) and others in Marseille (some passengers).   Our embarkation and debarkation in Rome was a breeze, no crowds at all, I think that arrangement is best for everyone.   One slight drawback is the entertainment has to be generic... no welcome aboard show, and no farewell show, etc.   But since NCL hardly has any entertainment left from what I can tell, not really a drawback.  

• Like 1