Couple of Antartica Cruise Questions

Hi everyone,

Looking to do their 11 night roundtrip Antartica cruise in February 2025, wonder if anyone has answers to these questions before I bother their customer service with them.

1. Getting there it looks like you fly into Buenos Aires, stay the night and then the following day they pick you up and fly you to Ushuaia and to the boat. What about getting back, it looks like they fly you back to BA but it isn't clear to me that they do.

2. Am I right in thinking that the Juliet balcony is just to look out of - you can't actually go out onto it and sit out there? Sitting out with a glass of wine is our favourite thing, though with the temperatures perhaps not so much but I definitely think we would want a sit out balcony.

3. What is the food selection like? I see lots of pictures and videos of very fancy food but I'm a real plain meat and fries kinda guy, will I starve if I don't eat Beef Wellington?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

Paul

They do fly you back to Buenos Aires, and leave you in the airport. 

The balconies in B1 and B2 categories are sit out balconies. The A1 and A2 have a window that lowers to turn part of your cabin into a balcony. Both have their pros and cons.

The food is pretty fancy but there was a basic steak on the menu every night (until it ran out, which it did toward the end of the voyage). The breakfast and lunch are buffet style so you can have what you like.

• Like 1

1) Yes, you are on your own after they get you to BA, unless you book a return night stay with them or a post cruise activity. Then, someone meets you at the airport and takes you to their hotel. Best to do a post cruise stay of at least 1 night before flying home in case the ship gets in late due to weather or something.

2) We had a suite with a big balcony. It was very nice to go out on it and even though the weather was cold it was doable and I had many morning cups of coffee out there. If your budget allows, I don't think you will be disappointed with having access to a balcony.

3) Breakfast and lunches are buffets, decent selection of the "regular" stuff so no worries there. Dinners can be fancy to very nice, I'm not a foodie and more like you (a meat and potatoes guy) and I certainly was not disappointed or overwhelmed with exotic choices only.

• Like 1