Live from Noordam - Alaska May 26 - June 9

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@QuattroRomeo...great tour of Whittier.  Really loved all the pics!

Thanks! One of the lesser visited places, so I was determined to see it. Just a hard working bunch of friendly people in a tiny town.

• Like 7

Enjoying reading your review. Will be on Noordam July 6th. Thought I had read it had recently undergone some renovations but it doesn’t sound like it. How is the entertainment? Actual room for people to sit at music walk? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ScubaNPcruiser said:

Enjoying reading your review. Will be on Noordam July 6th. Thought I had read it had recently undergone some renovations but it doesn’t sound like it. How is the entertainment? Actual room for people to sit at music walk? 

I think some things must have been done, the carpeting in common areas looks fresh and new. But not in the staterooms where it is quite worn. Most noticeable is the brass trim/ door jambs. Public restroom brass is rusted out by the floors, elevator brass edging is worn and often scratched. Some furniture looks new- eg specialty restaurants. Many restroom doors have shifted and scrape the floors. Rolling Stone and Billboard have lots of seating but they do get full. We like the Ocean Bar music and can always find a seat.

• Like 2

Entree was oxtail with rotelle pasta, and a bit of the cauliflower steak since I wanted to try a taste. The oxtail was delicious! Then another try with creme brulee. Another fail with that unfortunately.

20240603_180816.thumb.jpg.5e71e46743cff0b46df5c391556d5636.jpg

20240603_183853.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

We had onion soup and Gold Rush soup, both good. Also seafood devilled eggs, tiny bit of seafood but a nice bite. DH had the crab cake- good size with lots of crab. DH had the excellent cod, and I got the stroganoff. Tasty but meat was a bit dry. Dessert pavlova was very nice. 

20240604_180959.thumb.jpg.9bf5db19a54772b67577adf1b06dd69a.jpg

20240604_174130.jpg

20240604_181149.jpg

Edited by QuattroRomeo
  • Like 2