Comments on Playa Mia Beach

duskview

duskview- I would also love some input on Playa Mia specifically:

1) How is it in comparison to paradise beach, I read that paradise beach is too crowded?

2) Is it easy to get there on your own?

3) Is it suitable for a family (my 7 year old)?

Any help or input would be appreciated!!!

duskview- I would also love some input on Playa Mia specifically:

1) How is it in comparison to paradise beach, I read that paradise beach is too crowded?

We didn't go to Paradise Beach, so can't compare between the two. But Playa Mia wasn't overly crowded when we got there at around 11:30 am. Do remember that at least one of the party boats stops here during the afternoon. We noticed that the iceberg and trampoline were very busy while they were there, but nothing they did bothered us.

2) Is it easy to get there on your own?

We got off our tender, headed down the block towards Los Cincos Soles, then took a right to the taxi stand. It cost $14 each way for all four of us.

3) Is it suitable for a family (my 7 year old)?

There was nothing inappropriate going on while we were there - during the midst of spring break college crowds even. One thing to think about - Paradise Beach might be cheaper for the family. We paid for the $12 bands for my daughters (12 yo & 10 yo), but they barely used the iceberg - each tried once to climb it and only spent about 15 minutes' total on the water trampoline. You need to purchase the bands before entering the place, so you can't first see what they want to do and then purchase accordingly. My husband and I DID use the all-you-can-drink bands we purchased on ship, though.:o

Any help or input would be appreciated!!!

My husband and older daughter tried to do the snorkeling over the Mayan replicas, but couldn't see them. We need to take some training in snorkeling to be able to enjoy it.

We didn't appreciate the gauntlet of shops we had to pass on the way in and out of the beach.

We did enjoy the meal - I had wonderful homemade nachos, the girls had cheese quesadillas (actually needed an order apiece to fill them up - the quesadillas were very small) and my husband had enchiladas.

Archived