Star Breeze Tahiti October 2025 - shore excursions (also concerns about recent increase to cancellations?)

Hi All,

We are booked on this 7 night cruise departing 23rd October 2025.  Would love recommendations for each of the port days and whether you booked onboard or 3rd party?  We love the water and really want to see sharks and Manta rays. We are also looking to do 2-3 nights post cruise in OWB.  Would love suggestions on this that are reasonable priced and don't have to sell both kidney's to afford 🤣

I will also have my 50th Birthday on the Huahine port day.  Interested in doing something special during the day and then suggestion for dinner that night.

Also a little concerned after reading about people getting their cruises cancelled.  Does this happen at any time during the year or usually during specific seasons.

Thanks in advance

Brooke

• Like 1

Hi Brooke,

I can't really answer your questions. Our first Windstar cruise will also be in October. 

In regard to the cancelations. From what I've been reading the cancelations were in July due to part of the Summer Olypics being held there. That's what folks have been saying.?.? Hopefully that's true. We had originally booked a longer cruise with only two stops in French Polynesia but canceled and booked this one because our last cruise had so many ports canceled. We were concerned about taking the other cruise and having one or both of the ports canceled and they were the only reason we had booked the cruise. We figured we will see much more of the Islands booking with Windstar.

Hopefully someone will answer your questions.

• Like 1