PLEASE Help Me, Cabin Selection

snausman

:confused: We are booked on Infinity to Alaska in Aug. We now have room #7177 (this is for 2 people). But I now have some choices between cabins. Cabin 7171 and 9173 are open on the port side (I read on the boards that port side is better going to Alaska). Also cabin #7080 is open. All four cabins have a very large veranda, but 7171, 9173 and 7080 have veranda's at a angle. So my question is which room is the best. This is my first Celebrity cruise and am so excited. This will be my on one and only shot at going to Alaska. Don't want to mess up on cabin selection when I have these choices. Thanks

Since your sailing is a round-trip, it doesn't matter which side of the ship your cabin is on.

That being said, I like 7080. The shape of the balcony would give you terrific aft views of the ship; and would also offer you shelter from the wind. Just my opinion.

I would stay away from 9173 - - noise from the cafe above. Stick with the Vista deck - deck 7 - you are sandwiched between decks occupied by cabins, which should cut down on noise.

While I don't know this ship...I always look first at what is below and above any cabin...the kitchen, dining areas, bars are places I avoid when picking a cabin...hope this helps.

:confused: We are booked on Infinity to Alaska in Aug. We now have room #7177 (this is for 2 people). But I now have some choices between cabins. Cabin 7171 and 9173 are open on the port side (I read on the boards that port side is better going to Alaska). Also cabin #7080 is open. All four cabins have a very large veranda, but 7171, 9173 and 7080 have veranda's at a angle. So my question is which room is the best. This is my first Celebrity cruise and am so excited. This will be my on one and only shot at going to Alaska. Don't want to mess up on cabin selection when I have these choices. Thanks

We were on the starboard side 2 years ago and loved it. Since this is a round trip, it does not matter much as to which side you are on, but seeing the ship pull into the first port (Ketchikan) was exciting. You will also get a great view of Vancouver in the morning as the ship pulls into the port. I would avoid Deck 9 because the overhangs and those massive stancheons can obstruct your view.

My choice would be 7080. We were in 6048 with a similar slanted balcony which has a great view looking backwards, but you do have to lean forward from the point to see the full forward view.

I agree 100% with Claude 925. After 4 Alaskan cruises, you won't be sorry. As for cruising the Glaciers...the Capt. will manouver the ship 360 degrees so everyone has great views & photo ops. Enjoy:D

Thank you John for making me feel better about the cabin I have now 7177. That is why this is really hard to pick. I am now between the cabin we have now 7177 and the cabin choice of 7080. Anyone else want to vote on which cabin is better 7177 or 7080?

I have a similar predicament as I have chosen 7049 (similar to 7080 except port side)for a cruise because of the nice balcony sheltered from the wind.

I asked on another thread whether this is a good cabin, but have received no replies. It is particularly important for us to have a large balcony which can take a lounger for an elderly lady to rest. Otherwise we have to fight the chair hogs!!!??

Archived