Consistency Across the Fleet Equals Reassurance Across the Board

Posted (edited)

For several years now, inconsistencies and changes within the Celebrity brand have continued to cause concerns among some cruisers. From one ship to the next, from one cruise to another, many folks feel they can no longer count on that even keel of familiarity and comfort.. Examples. Food quality, specialty restaurant pricing, cabin/balcony furniture, perks and promises, and more. 

Given the continued focus on new and better ships, hence an increase in fleet numbers, how does Celebrity reconcile the old with the new while recognizing the need to reestablish consistency across the fleet and reassurance across the board? 

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 13

Discussions on Cruise Critic indicate that many posters are considering stopping their cruises with Celebrity due to perceived declines in service and value. The brand appears to have shifted from a slightly upscale offering with good value to a more ‘pay-to-play’ model (tips excluded from fares that include drinks and wifi, Celebrity Pass, etc.). Do you plan on making any changes to address these concerns?

Additionally, how do you plan to ensure consistent experiences across the different series of ships in the fleet? Prospective cruisers who view Celebrity marketing material captured on the Edge series may be in for a shock when they board Millennium series ships with outdated venues and accommodations.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to create a premium vacation experience for guests across our entire fleet, and my team and I take it very seriously when our guests tell us something fell below their expectations. We take learnings from what you tell us you love about our current ships and use them and sometimes evolve those experiences for our new ships. At the same time, things that work well on our new ships, we move to the existing ships in our fleet. That said, things like food quality, restaurant pricing, perks, etc. are to be consistent fleetwide and we will continue to work tirelessly to ensure of it.

• Thanks 2

On 7/18/2024 at 9:39 AM, Laura Hodges Bethge said:

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to create a premium vacation experience for guests across our entire fleet, and my team and I take it very seriously when our guests tell us something fell below their expectations. We take learnings from what you tell us you love about our current ships and use them and sometimes evolve those experiences for our new ships. At the same time, things that work well on our new ships, we move to the existing ships in our fleet. That said, things like food quality, restaurant pricing, perks, etc. are to be consistent fleetwide and we will continue to work tirelessly to ensure of it.

I very much appreciate your response, Laura. I too realize that it is not an easy task to bring everything together, quickly, in order to mollify all Celebrity travelers. Hopefully, your efforts will result in a more consistent overall presentation and thus a more satisfied passenger, whether rookie or veteran.