Insurance

natvtxn

The credit card we use covers air travel, including trip delay, baggage protection and life insurance, so we don't bother to add the cost of flights to our travel insurance.

But the cost to include it is really not all that much, so you should do a comparison to see what the charge would be. I find it is many times only $50-100 more to insure airfare.

Fortunatly, we've never had to use the insurance we've purchased. I do wonder sometimes if the coverage altogether may be a little easier to deal with while handling a claim, I hope I never have to find out! But, we take out insurance only if we have to cancel at the last minute, or for the medical part of it.

Check out STA travel

http://www.statravel.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-0A536D8E-33844566/us_division_web_live/hs.xsl/516.htm

They will insure anyone (do NOT have to be a student) you are charged by how long you will be traveling not how much you spend. The rates are awesome. They are underwritten by the same company that some cruise lines use for travel insurance.

Archived