How to insert countdown ticker into Signature?

Hi, I'm very new to this board, and I'm having some trouble. I've got a countdown ticker that I'd like to put in my signature, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Is it even possible to do?

3 hours ago, AwkwardPenguin said:

Hi, I'm very new to this board, and I'm having some trouble. I've got a countdown ticker that I'd like to put in my signature, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Is it even possible to do?

Hello @AwkwardPenguin

Please feel free to look for a compatible cruise countdown clock on Google or your cruise line website. Or note the countdown clock currently showing in the signatures of your fellow Cruise Critic members. Go to the countdown clock website. Find one you like and create it. You will probably be given a URL code for the clock. You then copy/paste the code into your signature as directed by your chosen countdown clock website. Click here for more information: How To: Edit Signature

I have a Ticker Factory clock in my signature. TickerFactory.com

Please note, some countdown clocks are not compatible with our Invision Community software. After you paste the code into your signature and then click the Save button, make a test post on the TEST FORUM. If you see just the code and no countdown clock in your signature, it is not compatible & the code should be removed.

I suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies such as this one. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

BTW, just a friendly reminder to all reading this thread. Please note the Signatures section in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Signatures

Cruise Critic has the following suggestions for keeping your online signatures manageable:
  • Keep your images to around three (approx) -- which would include a picture, clipart, photo or your countdown.
  • Try not to have any one image that is TOO large, which then takes additional time for your fellow members to download,
  • If you have a LONG LIST of prior cruises, think about chopping off some, OR rearrange them horizontally rather than vertically;
  • From time to time, browse through your signature and eliminate any extra blank lines, or old countdown codes, etc.

Cruise Critic reserves the right to remove/delete portions of your online signature and will let you know that we've had to resize your online signature.

Also, do not worry about the number of lines. They are unlimited. However, it is greatly appreciated by all if you try to keep your signature as small as possible. It may take a while for all your signature to show up when your fellow Cruise Critic members use the Expand signature feature on one of your posts.

Hope this will be helpful to all reading this thread!

Happy sails,

Host Kat