Recommendations on traveling from Paris to Southhampton , UK

Moxiefurball

We will be on. Princess British Isles cruise sailing out of Southhampton on April 28.  We want to spend some days in Paris before the cruise, so I was wondering what is the best, fastest , most reliable way to get from Paris to a Southhampton. ?  I think I’ve seen an airline called Eastern Airways provides a direct flight from Paris to Southhampton airport, but I’d like to hear from others who have done either that or train.  And since the cruise is on a Monday , and we do choose to fly , who thinks it would be ok for a Saturday flight or a Sunday flight. Since there is only one flight I am almost a little worried that if a Sunday flight to Southhampton would somehow get cancelled then I would very little time to rebook with a train.  We have been to London, so don’t need to go there unless the Eurostar only goes directly from Paris to London without any stops such as Southhampton. Or is there another train  from Paris to Southhampton.  All answers will,be greatly appreciated.  

On 7/28/2024 at 6:54 PM, Moxiefurball said:

Since there is only one flight I am almost a little worried that if a Sunday flight to Southhampton would somehow get cancelled then I would very little time to rebook with a train.  We have been to London, so don’t need to go there unless the Eurostar only goes directly from Paris to London without any stops such as Southhampton. Or is there another train  from Paris to Southhampton.  All answers will,be greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the Eastern's Paris-Southampton schedule. It might depend on how late on the Sunday it might be cancelled. Even so, you have the choice of Eurostar or there will be many more flights to Heathrow or Gatwick. In such an emergency situation I would take a car from St Pancras, Heathrow or Gatwick to the port.

If Eurostar has any stop before London St Pancras it will be in Kent, nowhere near Southampton.

Have you looked at what sort of aircraft Eastern Airways use and any luggage restrictions. In the past their fleet consisted of quite small planes? Personally I would book Paris to Heathrow (BA are probably most frequent) or Eurostar to St Pancras then a pre booked taxi from either to Southampton with an overnight hotel within 10 minutes of the port. In both cases you have multiple trips per day and if one is cancelled you can easily transfer.

7 hours ago, D&N said:

I would book Paris to Heathrow (BA are probably most frequent) or Eurostar to St Pancras then a pre booked taxi from either to Southampton with an overnight hotel

I'd generally agree these would probably be the easiest two routes. 

Check out the British Isles ports of call sub-forum for threads discussing (1) getting from London/Heathrow to Southampton and (2) Hotels near the port.