6688 aft on the Adventure

weechloe

Just returned from the Adventure and we had this aft balcony. There is a lot of structure and the balcony is likely the worst aft on the back of the ship. It was very noisy with the crew deck right below us. The only great feature is you are out of the wind at all times. No sun at any time of the day. Putting all that aside, the ship is awesome and the room was fine. The itinery is also very good. Just would not book this cabin again.

• 1 month later...

Wendy - you just saved me! Thank you so much for this post. I've been searching and posting for about anhour, trying to get info on 6388 (opposite of yours). I'm sorry for your disappointment, but your experience will make others of us more knowledgeable.

Waiting for my TA to call to change my booking!

• 8 years later...

I have just today arrived home from a Norwegian Fjord cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. Usually when we cruise we select our cabin but thought we would take a chance this time as it was a fill in break for my husband and I. So we made the decision to take advantage of the 'pay for an outside cabin and get a free upgrade to a balcony cabin' promotion (we usually select a mid ships side balcony cabin so this "risk" was a first for us) We ended up with the allocation of cabin 6688 and after reading all the threads on this cabin really didn't look forward to our cruise! Having had this cabin for a week I really cannot see what all the worry was about. It was fine. A 180 degree view for me was better than a side balcony cabin on the same deck. Ok, there is superstructure but this is true for most of the back of this design of ship. The higher up on the ship you get the less problem the aft cabins have with the metal work. The grey deck that seemed to be creating lots of problems for people is actually blue and has no access whatsoever unless someone wanted to find a ladder and climb up over a railing from lower decks. I will try and post some pictures later. The crossing of the North Sea was the usual very windy event and previously we have not been able to sit out on a side cabin whilst at sea. However we were able to sit outside in complete wind free peace this time with this cabin, sipping pre dinner drinks. Whilst in port I also sunbathed on the balcony as the sun does get to the outer section. The added benefit is it is totally private. We had no noise from crew doors banging and from floodlights as mentioned in other threads. There is more movement in this position on the ship so I guess that is a downside if you prefer less motion. So overall this is not such a bad cabin and it has many good points too.