Dare I say I think Princess has done a great job!

sunflower1972

Well it has been less then a week since the Star fire and it seems to me Princess has handled it so well. I worked in the travel business for years, and I can honestly say they have been more upfront with the clients then most travel operators, or travel provider's seem to be.

I certainly understand everyone's frustration with this....BUT I can guarentee this is NOT what Princess wanted either.

The compensation package seems very exceptable IMHO.

My hubbie and I had a TERRIBLE experience last July when a land based trip was cancelled. We had booked our 10 year renewal of vows in July, and Hurricane 'Dennis the Menace' decided to visit that week. Even though it was apparent we could not fly, the airline/tour operator did not cancel till 3 HOURS before scheduled departure time!! Was insane....this was a Sat, and by the Wed before we all knew it would not be going. Even worst then that, they REFUSED to REFUND any money. The only option was to rebook with them in 5 days, and that the trip had to be done within 3 months....not an option for working people who have to request time off a year in advance at the hubbies plant. Anyhow....lucky for us we buy travel insurance and they covered the cost as our government issued a travel advisory for the day of flight....we cancelled early morning on our own, had our refund within 3 weeks, and ended up booking a last minute 5 night trip to the Pocono Resorts in the US:)

So, I feel your frustration and pain everyone...I really do! BUT, at least Princess IS giving you notice, and refunding the money...unlike our experience:) The company we booked with is a well known operator in canada, and I'd never book them again after this incident.

Hope all affected on the sailings between now and may 15th can find other options out there and enjoy a vacation that you have hoped for!!

Happy travel to all!!

SF

Archived