Western Caribbean Jewel 3/19 - 3/26

travelling mom

Other cruisers have put up great detailed reviews already, therefore I won’t go into much detail. My family and I along with my parents had a great cruise and enjoyed the Jewel very much. The international crew was extremely friendly.

Embarkation was a breeze, arrived at the pier at 11:30 am and there was no line. We had to wait until 11:45 when they starting boarding. As our room was ready and we left our carry on’s there and proceeded to the Garden Café. After lunch we made specialty restaurant reservations for the rest of the week and then took a cab to the Bayside marketplace and walked around. Luggage arrived at 3:30 pm.

We ate in all the restaurants except Tango’s. We found the food in the specialty restaurants to be much better than in the main dining rooms. The restaurant we least enjoyed was the Blue Lagoon.

In Roatan, we booked our own excursion with Victor Bodden.

In Grand Cayman, we shopped much to the delight of my DD

In Ocho Rios, we booked our own excursion with Phil Lafayette

The Captain diverted us to Nassau instead of the private island, where we took the water taxi $6.00 round trip per person to Atlantis on Paradise Island. What a beautiful resort.

Photo tip: If you are a Latitudes Member, they had a promotion on the last day, Saturday for buy one photo get one free. I purchased all my photo's the day before so I guess was out of luck. Not sure if this promotion is ongoing or a one time special.

All in all we all had a great time and love Freestyle cruising. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Archived