Our Day at Cozumel

WannabeaTraveler

The tendering is not a big deal, I don't know what everyone makes such a fuss about? We were on Coz by 9:30 and I think we were in tender group 7. We shopped at the pier for a bit. I would suggest buying most of your stuff at Progreso if you are going there because it is much cheaper.

Then we grabbed a taxi and for $50 Martin gave us a 2 hour (maybe more like 2 1/2) tour for $50. He took us downtown for some more shopping but quite honestly I wish we hadn't spent time doing that. Unless you are really looking for something specific or really want to spend most of your time on Coz shopping, your time would be better spent on a beach IMO.

He took us to the "other side" of the island. We stopped to gather sea shells and my kids (16 & 21) really loved that. We saw "Coconuts" but didn't stop there. Martin was such a good guide. He told us such interesting things about the island.

We hit Paradise Beach at noon or so and did the snorkel tour. I started another thread just on snorkeling and Paradise Beach. It was a fantastic afternoon. I highly recommend snorkeling, even if you're a bit nervous about it like I was. It was one of the hi-lights of our trip.

We headed back to the pier to grab some t-shirts and trinkets but saved our jewelry shopping for the next day in Progreso.

Our table mates stopped for drinks at Senor Frogs before they hit the tender and they said they had a blast.

Really, just those few hours in Cozumel is not enough. I wouldn't have minded spending more time shopping, but shopping was not our major goal while on the island. It would have also been nice to see Senor Frogs and Carlos and Charlie's, but there just wasn't enough time.

Archived