Princess Transfers from Airport Question

See Norway

We will be flying into Gatwick the day before our Sea Princess cruise this summer. We have arranged our own hotel in the area, and are going to take the Princess transfer from the airport to the ship the next day. Our plan is to just meet the Princess representative at the International Arrivals area of the airport. I have been asked to provide Princess with my flight information, so they can meet us, but since we are arriving the day before my husband has suggested that we not provide that information, since he fears they may not understand and think we don' t need the transfers.

Has anyone ever done this before? Any problems with Princess understanding that we will simply meet them at the airport and will not be getting off of a plane that day? My TA is no help with this situation and this will be our first Princess cruise, so we really don't understand the procedure.

Many thanks!

Hi - They ask for your flight info not just for the Transfers it's for figuring out who needs to get off the ship first at departure time etc. It seems like you're going to the hotel and then going back to the airport the next day for the transfer - couldn't you just take a shuttel or cab from the hotel to the ship? Is it really far? I'm not familiar with the area at all.....

Hi - They ask for your flight info not just for the Transfers it's for figuring out who needs to get off the ship first at departure time etc. It seems like you're going to the hotel and then going back to the airport the next day for the transfer - couldn't you just take a shuttel or cab from the hotel to the ship? Is it really far? I'm not familiar with the area at all.....

Yes- it is a long, long way to either Southampton or Dover, far too long for a cab ride.

You might consider looking into a car service for pickup at your Gatwick hotel. It probably will cost more then the Princess transfer but it would be alot more comfortable and you can make your own schedule. There are a number of companies that do that sort of thing. We normally use www.london-transfers.com when we go from Heathrow into London. Ray Skinner is the owner and he's delightful to ride with. You can always contact him and ask about port transfers. If he does not do them (I know he does private sightseeing tours) ask who he recommends.

Thanks for the recommendation of the private car. I did look into several of the private cars and the price difference is substantial - $304 r/t for the 2 of us on Princess vs. over $450 USD for the car to Southhampton. We are staying at the Marriott right at Gatwick, so it is easy for us to walk over to meet the Princess bus. I am worried that they will not know how to deal with a pick-up at the airport if we are not arriving on a flight that day and am curious if anyone else has done this before. Thanks!

Has anyone ever done this before? Any problems with Princess understanding that we will simply meet them at the airport and will not be getting off of a plane that day? My TA is no help with this situation and this will be our first Princess cruise, so we really don't understand the procedure.Many thanks!

We have taken the transfer to Southhampton but it was from the hotel Princess used.

Your TA should be able to speak with Princess and advise them of the time you are planning on arriving back at the airport from your hotel. If you have purchased the Princess transfer it should not be a problem. They just need to know the flight time so they know what time to expect you. If they are not notified they say the transfer can be canceled. Had you booked directly with Princess you would be advising them of your flights so that they could meet you at the correct time.

FYI there were posts in the past of people doing this same thing in Houston for cruises out of Galveston so the airport shouldn't really make any difference.

Archived