Ocho Rios Port

Our cruise will be in Ocho Rios Jamaica in May and we are only interested in the two following things - Dunn's River and the absolute best beach possible for sunning and swimming. Any suggestions what beach to go to after visiting the falls and what package you suggest. Some that I researched do not show the actual beach (such as Dolphin Cove) but only the things you can pay for there such as swimming with the dolphins....but are only interest is having an awesome beach. Thanks for the suggestions!!!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Your original post was moved to the Jamaica Port of Call board where you can find more information on this port. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

In the future, if you see your thread was moved, click on the title and it will take you to the thread's new location.

We did the Dunn's River/ Dolphin Cove excursion. The beach at Dolphin Cove is nothing to write home about. It is small and not very nice. Watching the Dolphins was really nice and made us wish we had done the Dolphin encounter part of the excursion. I have no idea how the other beaches are. Our tablemates did the beach day at one of the hotels and thought it was nice. I don't know how or if you can combine Dunn's with that.

Dunn's River Falls was great, if you've never done it before it is a must. The only problem is, you have to go through the straw market on the way out, there is no other way to get back to the parking area to get the bus. I found that to be annoying. The sellers were very aggressive, my DH is a nice guy and did not want to be rude so he talked to everyone who said something to him. It got to the point where I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of there saying "Sorry no money" to anyone who said anything all the way out.

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville has a pool, hot tub, ad beach that you can use for no charge. The beach is shared with a resort or hotel and was better than most beach's in Jamaica. They also do keep the street hawkers from entering the beach area so no one bothers you. Pool also has a cool slide.

J

Archived