Tubing The Hanamaulu Ditch

SeaYa52

We've visited Kauai in tha past and LOVE the island. We are trying to find something different that we have not done before. Any comments on the " TUBING THE HANAMAULU DITCH" tour? Is it worthwhile - especially after all the rain/flood problems?

Thanks,

Sandy

A lady from the 'Tube the Ditch' place called me yesterday afternoon. I had sent them an email a few days ago, and when they replied to it they got it back as 'undeliverable'. So, they called me in lieu of trying to email me again...I call that really good customer service. :)

Anyway, she told me that on the particular day we are going to be there, RCCL has already reserved most of their tours (meaning I'd have to go through the cruise line, and pay more, if I wanted those particular times). They did have one tour time available (not a RCCL tour) which saves $26 per person. We're already planning on renting a car on Kauai, so going directly through them (not RCCL) seems like the better option, especially since we don't need RCCL to transport us there. I asked her about the distance, and she said it was approximately a 10 minute drive from the port, and 5 minute drive from the airport.

I specifically asked about the flooding. She said that the entire island experienced a tremendous amount of rain, which has now stopped, and Kauai is now 'drying out'. This tour has not been affected by the flooding. She said the worst flooding was in the North Shore area, where the dam burst.

So, who has been on this tour? Any comments, good or bad? Fun or boring? Good scenery to see during the 'float' or does it just look like farmland? Hubby and I are debating on this, but haven't decided yet. Thanks for your opinions.

• 6 years later...

Archived