Any teenagers on board?

ladysadie

I know that each sailing is different, but does anyone think there would be any teenagers on board the Jewel in May or Sept for the Turkey/Greece/Egypt trip in 2007? (Possibly some college students in May) Our daughters will 18, and both do well in school. Most parents do not take their children out of school to travel. The girls don't really want to hang out with us for 12 days.:confused:

I know that each sailing is different, but does anyone think there would be any teenagers on board the Jewel in May or Sept for the Turkey/Greece/Egypt trip in 2007? (Possibly some college students in May) Our daughters will 18, and both do well in school. Most parents do not take their children out of school to travel. The girls don't really want to hang out with us for 12 days.:confused:

There seem to be a lot of kids who are home schooled these days, so I would imagine there will be at least a few teenagers on board.

Have a great time - that sounds like a really great cruise!

Hikini:D

there maybe some college students as most colleges get out the first or second week of May. Some colleges get out earlier. My schools last day of exams is May 5th with graduation being the next day. But students can get out earlier because of not havin any finals.

We just returned from sailing on the Jewel and there were a ton of teens - - of course, it was spring break. Honestly, I must say that I found little to no evening entertainment targeted for the 'young adult crowd'. Even being a mere '40' :D , we found that the entertainment was targeted to a more subdued audience. They opened a DJ club at midnight every night, but it was tough to find something to do until that late so we never made it. My daughter still had a great time, as during the day she had the pool and excursions, etc. but it was definitely not a party ship by any means. We had only sailed Carnival prior to this trip so we had different expectations and were a little surprised/disappointed at the lack of activity. Other than that, NCL hosted a fabulous trip with a beautiful ship and good food and service.

Well I only have 2 cruises under my belt however there were teenagers on both cruises and they all seemed to be having fun....they were very well behaved except for the occasional burst here and there which is just them having fun.....so I think they will be fine and have a great time....the teens all seemed to be hanging out together which was nice, so your girls should have a great time !

Archived