Earliest return flight

Matt in FL

I am thinking of using some frequent flyer miles to get to Tampa for the next cruise which will save at least $450. What is the earliest return flight one should book on their own? I've seen before where the cruiselines will let you debark first if you have an early return flight. Any suggestions?

After looking at Carnival's site, it says flights from Tampa should be booked after 11:20 am on debark day. There is a direct @ 11 am and 4 pm. I'm curious if the 11 am would be cutting it close?

You are definitely taking a risk. You would have to be off the ship NO later than 9:00AM. Could happen, should happen. But WILL it happen? Be smart, find something to do fo a few hours, and take the later flight. Why stress yourself out at the end of a lovely vacation.

Matt, I agree! Just the fact you might have to THINK about that flight home on your great cruise, would be a waste of energy!!!! We had a later flight like that one and got a rental car to store our luggage and went shopping! Just a thought!

Hi Matt

I would take the 11am flight.. its only 20min earlier than the suggested leave time. I've been on Carnival numerous times and have always been able to get off the ship early. I was on a cruise with them and the book said not to book flights before 12:30 and I had an 11am flight that I made with plenty of time to spare.

Good luck and happy sailing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Why is everyone in such a rush on vacation. Relax and enjoy life. Dont put stress on your life. Relax both comming and going. Slow down and and enjoy life. Take one more day off. Life will go on without you.

Archived