County Western Dancing

Moogy

My hubby and I like C&W dancing, but we NEVER manage to go out when we are at home. Is it likely they will have C&W dance music somewhere on the Oosterdam on our Alaska cruise? Is there any way to find out in advance, or will I have to just check the daily schedule once I am on board.

I may have two left feet, but that's ok, cause C&W dancing is called "two-stepping." :p

Moogy

There's a good chance the cruise director will have scheduled a western night sometime during your cruise.

I suspect it will be held later in the evening following the regular entertainment.

The young men and women of the cruise staff seem to enjoy dressing in outfits befitting the theme. I've seen them in some great cowboy/cowgirl hats. I imagine a few of the dancers from the ship's cast will be there to kick up their heels.

Have a great time. If all else fails, you can sashay around the Lower Promenade.

On Zaandam last year they had a country night in the Crow's Nest around 10 or 11 pm.

The pax did line-dancing and some of the cruise staff had quickie lessons. Every night they had some form of dance,(disco,country ect.) and always in the Crow's Nest. They may during the sea days offer to teach pax because I attended a class but like you say two-left feet. Its better for me to watch. See you on our ship.

Missygirl:)

On Zaandam last year they had a country night in the Crow's Nest around 10 or 11 pm.

The pax did line-dancing and some of the cruise staff had quickie lessons. Every night they had some form of dance,(disco,country ect.) and always in the Crow's Nest. They may during the sea days offer to teach pax because I attended a class but like you say two-left feet. Its better for me to watch. See you on our ship.

Missygirl:)

We had a country and western night on the Amsterdam too. I seem to recall there being a country and western night on just about every cruise I've been on. The pax seem to enjoy them, so the cruise staff usually schedules one. There will probably be a 50's night "sock hop" type event scheduled one night as well.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived