capital one carnival card and carnival...

ali38

went to make final pymt. this morning , what a mess!!i used 3 cards to make final pymt. one of them was my capital one card thru carnival. well, i had 250.00 total avail. credit on Cap.One card, for some reason cap. one would not let the trans. go thru (tried several times) got off the phone with carnival , called cap. one they said i had enough on my card to make final pymt and that canival must have entered the # wrong. called carnival back , they tried it againn no go. called cap.one back they said they are charging to a different part of the card (part gen purchase part carnival cruise only) doesn't matter its all going to a cruise.(for those of you who have this card know what i mean) called carnival back again it wouldn't go thru , called cap. one again they insisted that carnival was doing something wrong. called carnival back and spoke to a supervisor who tried to put 200.00 on cap one card and it went thru. tried to put the remaining 50.00 thru, no go. and (because my card declined more than 3 times i now had to go thru the accounting dept.)i then call ed cap. one back told them what happened for the umpteenth(?) time and she said that she will note the account and allow the trans to go thru, could not explain why there were problems.called carnival back and spoke to a rep who tried and it failed , and since the 50.00 declined 3 times i had to be put thru to the accounting dept. again.

was on hold forever then she came back and said that there was not a problem with my card and that it was a problem with carnivals system and to try back later but i still would have to go thru accounting. called carnival back aroung 11:30 and spoke to a very helpful person who managed to call cap. one corp. office to get the problem resolved . finally around 2:30 carnival called and said that the 50.00 went thru.Final pymt made.my cruise is 65 days away i need several foo foo drinks right about NOW!!!!

OH no Ali

Sounds like you do need a few foo foo drinks

I hope I dont have to go thru that

I put my deposit down on my CAPITAL ONE card.Paid it off now want to put some more of the balance on the card- and pay it off and keep doing that till it is all paid off.I hope it can be done- wont even try it today not in the mood to have to deal with anymore issues if they happen to come up.

have a tall one

Karen

tinydancer,

if your card is a carnival cap. one card whatever your limit for cruise purchase is , its only for the purchase of the cruise only, and no other expenses unless you have a credit line thru the master card side, found this out the hard way on our last cruise, paid the card off and only had 200.00 avail. for purchases, the other 500.00 was unavail. (for cruise purchase only).LOL

I booked a cruise on Wednesday directly through Carnival using my Capital One card, because I was also redeeming points for $200 off the cruise. Today, my cruise was cancelled. I called my Carnival Personal Vacation Planner, and he said my credit card declined the purchase. I remembered this thread and told him about it. So, he and I called Capital One. They said it was a known problem that wasn't fixed. They had a supervisor do something to my account temporarily to allow the charge to go through.

So, if you're booking in the next few days using this card, I'd call Capital One before booking your cruise! Fortunately, my story had a happy ending!

Happy cruising!

Well I put another part of my cruise balance on the card.I pay it off before I add more that way there is little or no interest.

I have till Oct 10 to pay off the balance so I have plenty if time.

It would not be bad but I am paying for 5 of us wow that hurts :eek:

I want to have a zero balance when I get on the ship so i can buy goodies in port.

Karen

judy,

i'm glad i posted the problem i had with cap. one and was able to help at least one person.Thank god you didn't have to go thru all bull---- i went thru.lol!

Just so you all dont feel alone .... I have been through the same stuff with Capital One and my Personal Vacation Planner too. This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating .......thank goodness my cruise is months away and it is not something I am having to deal with 65 days before I am supposed to leave ~slides you one BIG foo foo drink~ shew ...that would be aggravating. My best wishes to everyone going through this problem, and everyone cross your fingers for me as I prepare to call Capital One on Monday ...LOL

Archived