Whale watching in Grenada?

muzzy 10

I saw this tour offered on a Grenada website. I know Dominica is a good spot for this ; interested to know if anyone has ever done whale watching in Grenada and if so was it a successful outing? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I saw this tour offered on a Grenada website. I know Dominica is a good spot for this ; interested to know if anyone has ever done whale watching in Grenada and if so was it a successful outing? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yes the operator claims a 90% success rate, I went out with them once and we saw Sei and Sperm whales

As the previous post says the company running whale watching trips is First Impressions whos web site is www,catamaranchartering.com They can be contacted by email starwindsailing@spiceisle.com tel (473) 440 3678 or cell (473) 407 1147. During the cruising season they will pick up passengers from the Carenage otherwise their trips start from Grand Anse beach by the Allamanda Hotel where they have their office.

The trip lasts for about 4 hours, there is not a great deal of shade on the boat so I would advise you take a sunblock with you to cut down the risk of sunburn. On the return to the drop off point they provide sandwiches to keep you fortified.

Archived