Berlin private tours - has anyone used BerlinWalks?

jsc0626

We are looking to book a private tour in Berlin for our Baltics cruise on Princess August 3, 2006. In the best of circumstances, we would like the tour operator/guide to pick us up at the port in Warnemuende and take us to Berlin and then bring us back to the ship after the tour. I have been emailing with someone from a company called Berlin Walks. Has anyone heard of them or used them? Since we are a family group of ten, sometimes this can get difficult since some companies do not have buses large enough to accomodate all of us.

If anyone has used a tour company in Berlin (or Poland or Stockholm for that matter), I would love to know about your experience and the company's contact information.

Thanks to everyone out there. :)

Janet

Hi. I watched Rick Steves Europe last night on PBS. The show was on Berlin and he used Berlin Walks. I don't know anything about them, but he seemed to enjoy his tour with them. I hope that helps a bit. We are going on the Rotterdam Baltic Cruise on July 4 2006. I hope that you have a wonderful cruise.

Hi. I watched Rick Steves Europe last night on PBS. The show was on Berlin and he used Berlin Walks. I don't know anything about them, but he seemed to enjoy his tour with them. I hope that helps a bit. We are going on the Rotterdam Baltic Cruise on July 4 2006. I hope that you have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks ReadingLady for the information! I immediately went to my Tivo to see if the Rick Steves on Berlin was going to be broadcast again. Much to my chagrin, it is not, although all the other shows he's done in other places are broadcast more than once. I don't get it. But I have to think that this company MUST be somewhat reliable if Rick Steves has used them or mentioned them in his show! I will now be watching for the Berlin episode. I hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise!

We considered doing it but the timing was very tight and we did not think we could make it to Berlin from Warnemunde on time. After parking the car etc, we were too late anyway and we took the HOHO bus which has recorded narration and headphones.

These companies have been suggested

1. Berlin Walks

2. Berlin Starting Point

3. A friend in Berlin

4. Berlin Stadfuerhungen

THese companies all do a full transfer from Warnemunde and back and full 4 hour tour in Berlin. entrances etc are extra.

Prices are very variable.

For a group of 8-10-14 same price a vehicle holds +/- 16

ranged from 895 -1045- 1100- 1405 euros

Are there any suggestions for choice of tour company in terms of reliability and service..I am inclined to go with the middle priced comapnies which were Friend in Berlin and Berlin walking tours. Berlin starting point is the cheapest...any views on this

Hope to hear from you all

:o Westville

Archived